Microsoft has released a new Windows 11 update with more than 150 new features, including the AI-powered assistant called Copilot. This update improves built-in apps, making tasks easier and enhancing overall user experience to boost productivity.
- Microsoft is releasing Copilot, a new AI-powered assistant for Windows 11.
- Copilot is designed to help users improve efficiency with personalized assistance.
- The latest Windows 11 update also includes improvements to various tools like Paint and Photos
Microsoft is finally rolling out Copilot, its AI-powered assistant for Windows 11. Copilot is designed to help users get things done faster and more efficiently by reducing friction, providing personalised responses, and improving overall efficiency. In addition to Copilot, the new Windows 11 update also includes improvements to Paint, Snipping Tool, and Photos, support for RGB lighting, a redesigned File Explorer, and many other features.
The new Windows 11 update brings over 150 new features, including the integration of the AI-powered Copilot into the PC. According to Microsoft, this update will bring Copilot’s capabilities and new AI-driven experiences to applications such as Paint, Photos, Clipchamp, and more, directly to Windows PC.
“Copilot will uniquely incorporate the context and intelligence of the web, your work data and what you are doing in the moment on your PC to provide better assistance – with your privacy and security at the forefront. It will be a simple and seamless experience, available in Windows 11, Microsoft 365, and in our web browser with Edge and Bing,” notes the official blog post.
Windows 11 Update Brings Improvements to Built-in Apps and Features
The new update for Windows 11 brings improvements in Windows, specifically in various built-in apps and features. These updates aim to enhance user productivity, simplify tasks, and improve overall user experience.
1. Copilot Integration: Copilot is an artificial intelligence feature that assists users with repetitive tasks like writing documents, summarizing emails, and preparing demonstrations. Users can access Copilot via the taskbar or a keyboard shortcut (Win+C), and it provides assistance across different screen sizes and settings.
2. AI in Paint: The Paint app now includes AI capabilities for background removal, support for layers, and a preview of Cocreator, which leverages generative AI to enhance digital drawing and creative processes.
3. AI in Photos: The Photos app now includes AI integration that makes it easier and faster to edit and find photos. The improved feature automatically identifies and blurs backgrounds, allowing users to quickly highlight subjects in photos. Enhanced search functionality allows users to find photos based on their content or location.
4. Snipping Tool: Snipping Tool now offers more ways to capture content from the screen, including extracting specific text from images for use in other applications and redacting sensitive information. Additionally, audio and microphone support has been added, making it easier to create videos and content from the screen.
5. Clipchamp: Clipchamp now includes auto compose features that provide suggestions for scenes, edits, and narratives based on images and footage, simplifying video creation and editing.
6. Notepad Improvements: Notepad now automatically saves session state, allowing users to close it without interruptions and resume where they left off when they return. It also restores previously open tabs and unsaved content.
7. Outlook for Windows: Outlook for Windows now allows users to connect and manage multiple email accounts, including Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, and more, in one place. It offers intelligent tools for composing emails and attaching documents from OneDrive.
8. Improved File Explorer: File Explorer has received a modernised design with enhancements to the home, address bar, and search box. These changes aim to improve content access, file activity tracking, and collaboration without the need to open files. Additionally, a new Gallery feature facilitates easy access to photo collections.
9. Accessibility: Microsoft is also introducing new text authoring experiences for voice access and adding new natural voices in Narrator, emphasising its commitment to making Windows 11 the most accessible version of Windows yet.
10. Windows Backup: Windows Backup now simplifies the process of transitioning to a new Windows 11 PC by allowing for the seamless transfer of files, apps, and settings.
To update to the latest Windows 11 update, go to Settings > Windows Update and enable automatic updates. If you don’t enable automatic updates, you may need to wait until the next monthly update, usually scheduled for Patch Tuesday in November, to get the latest Windows 11 update.